- This simple preventative measure can make the best of your time and money- As oral problems occur they tend to become more complex and expensive. If you wait too long these issues may require things like surgery in the future. Routine check-ups are a preventative measure that could save you unnecessary pain and money down the road.
- Updating records can inform your dentist more than you think- Any changes that have occurred since your last visit will be marked down at the time of your current visit. This will make it easier for the dentist to predict how your oral health may develop and for them to notice any specific changes that might signal a deeper problem.
- Plaque, tartar, and cavities can be controlled more effectively-
Plaque has the potential to build up in small areas which can lead to erosion in the teeth. If teeth become too eroded they can develop holes. These holes can then lead to cavities. Regular dental check-ups are more affordable and can stop a small problem before it becomes a large one.
- Oral cancer can be detected more easily- Oral cancer can be difficult to detect, but dentists are highly trained to notice potential signs and symptoms of the disease. The risk of developing oral cancer can be significantly diminished through routine dental check-ups because dentists check for this issue at every appointment.
- You can be more relaxed about your oral health- Scheduling routine dental check-ups semiannually, ensures that you will be able to trust in your relationship with your dentist, while also giving you the peace of mind to be confident in your oral health.
Nicollet Station Dental is here for you and we want to see your best smile put forward!