Let’s face it. Daily oral care is easy to overlook. Life is busy, and we’re usually in a hurry. But daily oral care is one of the most important parts of your overall dental health, and it’s the part you have the most control over.
The good news is, it doesn’t take that long and the order of things isn’t as important as just doing it. Don’t get hung up on the small details. Here is what we recommend:
- Do it twice a day for 2 minutes at a time. Set a timer if it helps. Don’t cut this short.
- Use a soft-bristled brush.
- Don’t be too aggressive. Brush gently in circular motions.
- Don’t brush too soon after eating or drinking, especially if you had something sugary. Wait an hour or so, and be sure to drink a glass of water.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Preferably do this before brushing, but don’t get too hung up on that. Just be sure to do it.
- Once a day is just fine.
- Be gentle.
- It’s a supplement, not a replacement. Mouthwash can be a great addition to your daily routine, but it is, by no means, a substitute for brushing and flossing.
Remember, stop in and visit us if you have any dental concerns, are experiencing any discomfort or unusual conditions. Happy brushing!